Stonestore is committed to protect your privacy and maintain the security of any personal information received from you. We strictly adhere with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR). The purpose of this statement is to explain to you what personal information we collect and how we may use it.
We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access in accordance with GDPR. We do not collect sensitive information about you except when you specifically knowingly provide it. To maintain the accuracy of our database, you can check, update or remove your personal details by sending us an email to [email protected] or by filling in this form.
We use a technology called cookies as part of a normal business procedure to track patterns of behaviour of visitors to our website. A cookie is a piece of data that our website sends to your browser which is then stored on your system. You can set your browser to prevent this happening. Any information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you change your browser settings.
We do not sell, rent or exchange your personal information with any third party for commercial reasons, beyond the essential requirement for credit/debit card validation during purchase.
The information we collect
We may collect the following information:
- your name
- phone number
- e-mail address
When a purchase is made online or offline, in addition to the above, we also ask for delivery address and payment method details (payment details are securely protected by SagePay or PayPal). We may obtain information about your usage of our Website to help us develop and enhance customer experience online.
How we use the information
We require this information for the following reasons:
- To fulfil your order, we may need to share your information with carrier companies and warehouses.
- Accounting purposes for 6 years.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address you have provided.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or let you know when you visit a site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Lawful basis for processing personal data
- Consent: Marketing purposes
- Contract: To fulfil an order
- Legitimate interests: to improve customer experience
The GDPR provides you with the following rights to:
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it.
- You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party in certain formats, if practicable.
To learn more about your rights or to make a complain please visit The Information Commissioner’s Office.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by unsubscribing from our emailing list or by emailing us at [email protected]
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General data protection regulation (EU) 2016/679. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please fill in this form or send us an email to [email protected]
Should you need to contact us or if you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email [email protected] as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.